Friday, October 22, 2004

Post-Mortem

Despite the fact that I didn't get to present, the fact that I addressed audience questions smartly and in a well-informed way got me great exposure.

Have received quite a few emails from the field and BGs with kudos.

D did an excellent job in helping me with the approach. He's really good at this. I learned something from him. He doesn't present all the loose-ended evidence to the mgr and have them figure it out for him. Instead, he does his thorough thinking and then presents a proposal to the mgr. This way, he effectively manages the manager's time and focus on more strategic things.

Don't let your manager do all the thinking for you. Do all the thinking yourself and then present your proposal to get your manager's strategic views. D is really good.

Had a long week. Right now, I'm soooo tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home