Saturday, November 20, 2010

New New Life

Really not happy about Microsoft discontinuing its Live Spaces offering. It was my platform to blog, and keep in touch with a few friends. I appreciated the self-reflective nature of blogging there. Plus it was a place for me to store my pictures and it was integrated with Live IM etc.

Oh, well.

I'm back here.

It's been at least 1.5 months since I last wrote something.

A lot has happened inbetween. I spent 1 week in HK and 1.5 weeks in Beijing. I enjoy being able to explore different cities/locations, sans the tiring flying aspect of travels. However, on my way back from Beijing, I sat next to a somewhat intriguing character. He's "invented" some drug in China and in an odd way I had a somewhat engaging conversation with him. So I didn't get much sleep at all on the 11-hour flight back to SFO.

Something happened in Beijing. I finally came to the realization about my relative position in the organization and I approached my boss to validate my observation. It was a shocker to him to some degree. I guess things all had been evolving so fast and he probably didn't realize what he had intended to focus on could have such an un-intended byproduct in terms of team dynamics and folks' feelings. At least we put things on the table.

Note to self. Always be clear with what I want.

I had some notions in my mind and I'm questioning if this all is worth a potential major cross-continent relocation. I guess naturally pepole saw that I appeared pre-occupied.

Note to self. Be discreet with showing my emotions.

Thanks to Ms. King who helped me sort out my thoughts and provided invaluable advice.

Another person at work, though a friend, ended up doing some damage to my situation. She brought up what I shared with her in confidence to my VP, who in turn made the comment that I'm smart but don't know what I want.

I know what I want. I am just frustrated with not being to get what I want.

Note to self. Share my thoughts strategically with people. Anticipate what they may do with my thoughts.

Quite frankly, I'm both a bit upset at her and a bit upset at myself for having told her my situation.

Need to watch what I say to people. I can't seem to keep a secret. Yuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home